|My Old SanDisk Cruzer Titanium 8GB|
There are a few reasons why it was my favourite:
- Its shiny!
- More rugged than its plastic counterparts.
- Large capacity (for its time anyways).
- Its size/weight made it harder to misplace.
- No cap to search for or lose.
It was, however, not entirely perfect:
- It would be easily crushed if subjected to any significant load (i.e., a car running over it).
- Not dust or water proof.
- Still somewhat light and easy to lose.
Being an inventor and engineer at heart I one day was thinking how to go about making the "best" USB drive. Now "best" is of course subjective and depends on the application so for this product I was thinking about the following features:
- Rugged (i.e., crush resistant)
- Water proof
- Prevent losing the cap
- Not super expensive
And so began my quest for the best USB drive I could make.